Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


^Awesome postcard that came in my Tofurky box this year :)

I hope everyone's having a fantastic Thanksgiving! Mine is pretty :-p this year, mainly just because I had to work my behind off getting my shop ready for Black Friday, and partially because in my home Thanksgiving just means lots of food & bickering relatives. My great aunt & my grandmother do not get along, and spend the entire afternoon arguing about the price of bananas, what street a distant relative grew up on, or whether or not my aunt's slight cough is a sure sign of impending death. It's not very fun.

However, I am thankful to have a home to eat in, a family to eat with and food on the table. Bickering relatives might annoy me, but I'm still thankful I have them. And I'd much rather be home preparing my online shop for Black Friday than working at a convenience store that stayed open today. My life isn't much fun, and I usually have a pretty sour disposition, but especially today I'm reminded that things could always be worse, and I'm lucky to have what I have.