Thursday, June 2, 2016

early to bed, early to rise



I've been going to sleep really early (well, early for me, anyway) lately and I keep forgetting when the sleepies start setting in that going to bed early also means getting up early. And I *really* don't like getting up early, no matter how much sleep I got the previous night. I usually get more done at night, my brain just works better in the dark for some reason. When I'm up and fully awake before 10am I'm just like "what am I supposed to DO with all of this daytime ahead of me?????"

I guess one answer to that question is "get dressed." because here we are on day 2 of my 30 day remix challenge and I'm still managing to get a post up. I guess that counts for something! :) I was planning on skipping tomorrow (or just getting dressed and then changing in the afternoon) because I fully intended on spending the day at the beach (and nothing I picked out for my 30/30 is particularly sand and ocean friendly) but it looks like the weather isn't going to cooperate. We've had an incredibly beautiful summery week in New Jersey, with the air conditioner struggling to keep up with the rising temperatures.. it seemed like the perfect time for a day at the shore. But tomorrow it's supposed to be raining with scattered thunderstorms all day long. Looks like the beach will just have to wait another week!